Follow this helpful checklist if a Circle member’s phone has stopped updating location.
Check the basics
- Ensure their phone is ON, airplane mode is OFF, and the app is open.
- Confirm their network connection — two bars of signal strength or less will impact performance.
- Ensure they are disconnected from any VPN or mobile hotspot.
- They must be logged in with their own credentials.
- They must be logged in to one device at a time.
- Avoid running Life360 with battery-saving and parental control apps that prevent Life360 from updating.
- Update the Life360 app to the current version.
Check your Circle member's phone settings
- iOS location setting needs to be set to "Always".
- Disable Low Power Mode to maintain your Life360 connection.
- ‘Data saver’ must be turned OFF.
- 'Physical Activity' permissions need to be ON and 'Allowed'.
- 'Precise Location' needs to be turned ON.