Note: Free Crash Detection is available in these countries: US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Turkey, France, Sweden, Belgium, Poland, Romania, Switzerland and Ukraine.
When Life360 detects that you have been in a car crash, we'll contact you and any emergency contacts you've added in the app.
For Gold and Platinum members in the US, Canada, and the UK, Life360 will dispatch emergency services when necessary.
How It Works
Crash Detection relies on sensors in your phone to detect a significant impact whenever the vehicle is moving at least 25 mph. Therefore, the Life360 app may not detect fender-benders, rear-end collisions, and other minor accidents.
For Life360 to detect a crash:
- The vehicle must be moving at a minimum speed of 25 mph for at least 30 seconds before the collision.
- The vehicle must come to a sudden, complete stop after the collision.
- You must have more than 10% battery on your phone.
- The battery-saving feature on your phone must be disabled.
- Your phone must have a strong cell signal.
- You must enable the following Permission Settings on your phone:
- ‘Always On’ Location
- Motion Activity
- Push Notifications
There are some carriers whose cell data may not function reliably while you are on a phone call. If you are in a car crash while on a call, the crash detection may be delayed or not detected at all.
Gold and Platinum members can access 24/7 Roadside Assistance in the US or Breakdown Assistance in the UK for help with minor accidents, towing, jump starts, emergency weather advice, flat tires, lockouts, or if they run out of gas.