Note: Crash Detection is available in these countries: US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Turkey, France, Sweden, Belgium, Poland, Romania, Switzerland and Ukraine.
Crash Detection uses patented technology to detect major collisions. It relies on sensors in your phone to detect a significant impact whenever the vehicle is moving at least 25 mph, which means it won’t detect minor accidents like “fender-benders.”
Admins must confirm that Circle members select ‘Always’ for location sharing in order to enable Crash Detection for all loved ones.
For best performance:
- Place your phone in a secure position when driving.
- Turn your phone’s Wi-Fi on.
- Allow the Life360 app to use features it needs to detect a crash.
- ‘Always On’ Location
- Motion Activity
- Push Notifications
- Set permissions
- Make sure your phone has a battery charge of 10% or more.
- Use the latest version of the Life360 app.
- Avoid making phone calls while in transit.
- If your cell carrier does not support internet use while on a call, our system will not be able to update driving behaviors or detect a collision.
Crash Detection has not been tested on motorcycles or scooters. However, we’re always working to improve the reliability and the types of collisions that we can detect.