Drive Detection analyzes phone location and activity to determine when each member is driving. During a drive, it detects potentially unsafe behaviors, such as phone usage, high speed, hard braking, and rapid acceleration. Driving information and events are then shared with the entire Circle.
For Life360 to detect a Drive:
- Each member must enable Drive Detection on their account.
- You must travel a minimum distance of 1/2 mile from your starting location and reach a speed over 15 mph.
- Your phone must have more than 10% battery. Drive Detection increases battery usage, so it is automatically disabled when the battery is 10% or less.
- The Life360 app must be allowed to run in the background.
- The battery-saving feature on your phone must be disabled.
- Your phone must have a strong cell signal.
Note: A Drive will show in the Life360 app as a Trip if any of the above conditions are not met.
How to Use:
- Tap on Settings in the upper left corner of the app.
- Tap on Drive Detection.
- Toggle Drive Detection ON.
- Repeat these steps for each member.
Drive Detection and Crash Detection
Note: Crash Detection and Roadside/Breakdown Assistance are available in the US, Canada, and the UK.
There are some carriers whose cell data may not function reliably while you are on a phone call. If you are in a car crash while on a call, the crash detection may be delayed or not detected at all.