Note: Free Crash Detection is available in these countries: US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Turkey, France, Sweden, Belgium, Poland, Romania, Switzerland and Ukraine.
When Life360 detects that you have been in a car crash, we'll contact you and any emergency contacts you've added to the app.
For Gold and Platinum members in the US, Canada, and the UK, Life360 will dispatch emergency services when necessary.
How It Works
Crash Detection relies on sensors in your phone to detect a significant impact whenever the vehicle is moving at least 25 mph. Therefore, the Life360 app may not detect fender-benders, rear-end collisions, and other minor accidents.
For Life360 to detect a crash:
- Drive Detection must be turned on.
- The vehicle must be moving at a minimum speed of 25 mph at some point within seconds before the collision.
- You must have more than 10% battery on your phone.
- The battery-saving feature on your phone must be disabled.
- Your phone must have a good cell signal.
- You must enable the following Permission Settings on your phone:
- ‘Always On’ Location
- Motion Activity
- Push Notifications
There are some carriers whose cell data may not function reliably while you are on a phone call. If you are in a car crash while on a call, the crash detection may be delayed or not detected at all.
Gold and Platinum members can access 24/7 Roadside Assistance in the US or Breakdown Assistance in the UK for help with minor accidents, towing, jump starts, emergency weather advice, flat tires, lockouts, or if they run out of gas.
How To Enable
To enable Crash Detection:
- Open the Life360 app.
- Tap on the Safety tab at the bottom.
- Under Driving Safety, tap on the toggle to the right of Crash Detection.
- Tap on Begin Setup and follow the prompts.