Crash Detection uses patented technology to detect major collisions. It relies on sensors in your phone to detect a significant impact whenever the vehicle is moving at least 25 mph. Therefore, it may not detect “fender-benders,” or other minor accidents.
Admins must confirm that Circle members select ‘Always’ for location sharing in order to enable Crash Detection for all loved ones.
For best reliability:
- Place your phone in a secure position such as in your pocket, phone holder, or glove box
- Have your phone’s WiFi turned on
- Permit the Life360 app to utilize motion and fitness sensors in your device by enabling these permissions in Settings
- Make sure your phone is well charged (10% or more)
- Use the latest version of the Life360 app
- Do not make phone calls while in transit
- Ensure you meet Crash Detection requirements
Crash Detection has not been tested on motorcycles or scooters. However, we’re always working to improve the reliability and the types of collisions that we can detect.
Note: Crash Detection is only available in the U.S., Canada, and the UK.