Places are a great way to know when your loved ones are leaving work or just arrived at school. Places are areas you can define so you are alerted when a Circle member enters or leaves a location. Some Places you might want to set up are work, home, and school. Free plans can set up two Places. To set up more Places, upgrade to a Membership plan.
To set up Places, follow these steps:
- Tap on the 'Places' button on the main Location screen
- Tap on the '+ ADD' button near the top right of the list
- Enter an address or location name directly in the box at the top. A list of suggestions will appear. Choose the one you want, or find the location on the map
- To find the location on the map, tap on 'Locate on Map'
- Move the map to center the pin on the location, to find the location on the map, then tap 'Next'
- Choose a name for the location and tap on the + sign to add the Place
- Tap on 'Turn on Notifications' to be notified when Circle members arrive and leave the Place you created
Set the radius of the zone below the map. TIP! Smaller will be more accurate
- Tap "Save" in the top right corner
TIP! Try not to overlap the street itself or have the Place radius close to the street. Doing this will show that you arrive and leave a Place simply by driving past it.
NOTE: When setting up Places, it is important that two or more Places do not overlap each other. If they do, it may appear that someone is in one Place when they may be in the other because it is now just one big Place. If the radius of two or more Places overlap, touch each other, or are extremely close, you will receive inaccurate Place alerts.