When setting up Places, it is important that two or more Places do not overlap each other. If they do, it may appear that someone is in one Place when they may be in the other. If the radius of two or more Places overlap, touch each other, or are extremely close, you will receive inaccurate Place alerts.
Edit a Place and Alerts in the App:
You can edit the Place and the radius as long as you created it.
To edit a Place, follow these steps:
- Tap on 'Location' at the bottom of your screen and then tap on 'Places' (see image #1)
- Tap on the Place you want to edit
You can change the Place radius to a minimum of 250 feet or higher (see image #2)
- You can move the map pin to adjust the location
- Verify that two Places do not overlap or touch each other
- Tap on 'Save' in the top right corner
You can turn on/off 'arrive' and 'leave' notifications by tapping on the bell to the right of the Place name in the list (see image #1-2)
- TIP: You can edit Places in other Circles by using the Circle Switcher at the top of the screen
NOTE: Avoid making a Place radius overlap a street, or be very close to a street. If it does, members will receive a Place alert when another member simply drives past the Place radius. When this happens, it may appear that a member arrived at and left a Place quickly.
If you are not receiving Place Alerts, check the settings on your phone to make sure Life360 has permission to send notifications.