Invite codes make it easy to invite and connect with your closest friends and family members within the app.
When you create a Circle, you are given a unique invite code for that specific Circle. Be sure to only share the invite code with the people that you want to be a part of your private map and never share it publicly.
TIP! If you are currently with your family members, it may be easiest to show or tell them the code so they can type it into the app. They will be asked if they have a code right after creating their account or they can enter it in the 'Join a Circle' option in the Circle Switcher at the top of the map screen.
If you aren’t currently together, use your favorite messaging app to send your Circle’s invite code along with a special link that will direct your loved ones to the app store.
To send your invite code and special link:
- Scroll to the bottom of your Circle member list
- Tap on 'Add a New Member'
- Tap ‘Send Code’ to see a list of the messaging apps on your phone
- Choose your preferred messaging app (text, email, Whatsapp, etc)
- Select the contact(s) you want to invite
- Send the pre-filled invite message to your contact(s)
- Each person you invite will need to download the Life360 app and create their own account NOTE: They need to use their own phone number, email address and password, not yours. Otherwise, you will both be located in the same place.