We are determined to get you connected and updating.
Below are the same basic troubleshooting steps used by our support team. Verify and check all settings and steps below as these will resolve 99% of connection and updating issues.
NOTE: These steps and settings need to be checked on the phone of the person having the issues. You could be experiencing connection or location issues with the app due to any of the following reasons:
- The phone is turned off or the battery is below 20%
The phone is in airplane mode (turn airplane mode off)
- The member has logged out
- The member is in a different Circle
- Location Sharing has been turned off in the app itself
- Data is limited, turned off or has run out
The phone is in an area where there is no or limited signal/connection (two bars or less)
WiFi is not running correctly (turn off/on WiFi before troubleshooting)
They have logged on with multiple devices, like tablets or second phones (log out of all devices and log back into one)
- A member has logged in with another family member's email or phone number
- CDMA cell carriers (including Verizon, Sprint, and US Cellular) do not always support internet while on a phone call. If your cell provider does not support internet while on a phone call, our system will not be able to update your movement, driving behaviors or detect a collision if you are on a phone call.