Connection is lost when a device is unable to communicate with the Life360 server. It is also possible the device itself is not allowing Life360 to update when running in the background, causing the app to lose connection.
The fastest way for you to regain connection is to refresh the app by logging out and logging back in again. If you are unsure on how to do so, please follow these steps on the device that has lost connection:
- Tap on 'Settings' in the lower right corner
- Scroll down and tap on 'Log Out'
- Force close the app
- Power off the phone for at least two minutes
- Log back in with the same email/phone number and password
- As long as an internet connection is present you will regain connection to Life360.
See the FAQ article titled "Most Common Troubleshooting Steps" for more steps to get connected.