Follow this helpful checklist if a Circle member’s phone has stopped updating location.
Check the basics
- Ensure their phone is ON, airplane mode is OFF, and the app is open
- Confirm their network connection — two bars of signal strength or less will impact performance
- Ensure they are disconnected from any VPN or mobile hotspot
- They must be logged in with their own credentials
- They must be logged in to one device at a time
- Avoid running Life360 with battery-saving and parental control apps that prevent Life360 from updating
- Update Life360 app to the current version
Check your Circle member's phone settings
- iOS location setting needs to be set to "Always"
- Disable Low Power Mode to maintain your Life360 connection
- High Accuracy Mode needs to be on for Android devices
- Permissions setting on Android: turn on ‘Location’
- Disable the App Optimization mode on Android for the Life360 app. This needs to be done to allow Life360 to run in the background and update regularly
- ‘Data saver’ must be turned OFF
- 'Physical Activity' permissions need to be ON and 'Allowed'
- 'Precise Location' needs to be turned ON