The free SOS feature is available to all Life360 members in the U.S. In the event of an emergency, Life360 will send an SMS text message to those you designate as emergency contacts.
To send an SOS Alert:
- Tap the SOS button above the menu of your Circle members
- If you haven’t yet set an SOS PIN, you will be prompted to create a PIN you’ll use to cancel an SOS
- If your SOS PIN is set, you will see Tap to send SOS
- Tap on Tap to send SOS button
- Releasing this button initiates a 10-second countdown and an option to enter your cancellation PIN
Once the countdown completes, your Circle members and emergency contacts will receive a text and notification in the Life360 app alerting them that you have triggered the SOS with a prompt to view your location through the app.
Canceling the alarm within 20 minutes will contact your Circle members and emergency contacts via text and a Life360 app notification letting them know that you are safe.
To add emergency contacts in your Life360 app:
- Go to the Safety tab
- Tap Emergency Contacts widget
Emergency contacts will not join your Circle and won’t see your location unless you send an SOS.
SOS with Emergency Response is available on theGold and Platinum Memberships.