We have compiled a helpful checklist to ensure your phone settings provide you with the most accurate location information in your Life360 app.
General Settings Checklist:
- Do not use a VPN with Life360 as it will interfere with accuracy.
- Log into your Life360 app on one device at a time.
- Keep WiFi turned ON to improve location accuracy.
- Do not use with mobile hotspots or vehicles with built-in Wifi hotspots.
- Turn all location services ON, including GPS and WiFi.
- Allow Life360 to use cellular data.
- Turn ‘Data saver’ OFF.
- 'Physical Activity' permissions need to be ON and 'Allowed'.
- 'Precise Location' needs to be turned ON.
- Open the app to refresh after phone battery has died.
- Do not use parental control or security apps.
- Open Life360 every two days to prevent it from going into 'sleep mode'.
Additionally, certain CDMA carriers like Verizon and US Cellular do not always support internet while on a phone call. This means our system won’t be able to update movement or detect a collision if you are on a call.
Android Phone Settings Checklist:
- 'Data usage' setting: turn ON 'Background data' and turn ON 'Unrestricted data usage."
- ‘Notifications’ setting: turn ON to receive Place alerts, driving alerts, and other notifications from the app.
- 'Battery optimization' setting needs to be set to 'Not optimized'.
iPhone iOS Settings Checklist:
- Location Setting: set to 'Always'.
- Precise Location: turn ON for Life360 to show an accurate location.
- Low Power Mode: turn OFF.
- Background App Refresh: turn ON.
- Motion and Fitness: turn ON.
Please note that if you are having trouble locating someone in your Circle, the problem is usually with the connection and signal on their phone, not yours.